cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifecycle Marketing Team Structure

ilana-fromm
Practitioner

Lifecycle marketing friends! I'm doing some research. How is your team organized? Do you split acquisition and retention between team members? Automation vs. campaigns (batch/blast comms)? 

2 REPLIES 2

DavidO
Strategist

Hey @ilana-fromm 

We have a very lean team of two Lifecycle marketers and although we have some crossover over, we often work on different parts of the journey each quarter e.g. onboarding / resurrection, or opt-in consent / churrned.

Parin
Active Member II

Hi @ilana-fromm 

My overall marketing team structure is:

• Marketing Director
    • B2C Marketing Manager
    • B2B Marketing Manager
    • Content Marketing Manager
    • CRM Executive (myself)

We used to have the team split into the Acquisition Team and the Retention Team, but this recently got scrapped because it created too much of a silo between the two teams to the point where those in the Retention Team had little idea on what the Acquisition Team were up to, and vice versa. And this meant the overall marketing voice felt a bit disjointed.

As for automation vs campaigns, I have never heard about this set up before. I just thought the CRM person would manage both types of comms.

As you can see from the set up, I'm the only CRM person in the team right now. I'd be interested to see how other teams are set up because this is my first CRM-focused role (about 1 year and 3 months), so I have no measuring stick as to what an effective team set up for CRM is. 

What is your set up like?