cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build a segment to visualise specific mail client users

Aaron

Hello,

Can anyone please show me how you build a segment of recipients/users who use a specific email client (or would read my emails on it).

For example, the users who use: Outlook 2010 Windows 10 

I looked up via User Attributes but can't seem to narrow it down to Outlook 2010 but I am sure some of you gurus must have nailed it. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Aaron 

4 REPLIES 4

ashleyatbraze
Braze Employee

Hi Aaron - I don't believe we track mail client in Braze. But her is our list of all available filters for Segments in Braze: https://www.braze.com/docs/user_guide/engagement_tools/segments/segmentation_filters

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for getting back to me. I believe not being able to track email clients could potentially miss the usage of the platform report as well as a missed opportunity to engage with the specific audience in a different way especially when some email clients have known issues with email visibility, mostly. 

Also, being able to see this basic data is usually available in all other CRMs out there. I wonder why it's not available via Braze. 

How should I go about if I need to build a report to understand what percentage of my audience uses the following email clients: 

Outlook 2010 Windows 10
Outlook 2013 Windows 10
Outlook 2016 Windows 10
Outlook 2016 (120 dpi) Windows 10
Outlook 2019 Windows 10
Outlook 2019 (120 dpi) Windows 10
Outlook Office 365 Windows 10 (Dark Mode)
Outlook Office 365 Windows 10

Please advise.

Thanks, Aaron! Appreciate the feedback. We will pass this back to the product team. 

AllanHeo
Strategist II

Hi Aaron! Although this information isn't available inside the dashboard, the "user_agent" field inside the Message Engagement Currents data might reveal a bit more insight, closer to what you're looking for. Hope it's helpful!

https://www.braze.com/docs/user_guide/data_and_analytics/braze_currents/event_glossary/message_engag...