Forum Discussion

alexw518
3 months ago

Using segmentation tool for profiles with different IDs but same email

We have an edge case where a lead user with the same email can get identified multiple times with a different user alias ID. If they convert, we update their custom attribute label to "converted" for only the one profile that they used when converting. Therefore, we can end up with one user having multiple profiles with the same email, where one is labeled "converted" and the rest are still leads.

If we want to send a campaign or canvas to leads only, we may end up sending to a user's email that has actually converted but it wasn't labeled on all of their same-email profiles. Is there a way to filter out all profiles if one of them is already "converted" using the segmentation tool?

So the logic would hopefully be something like: Filter out profiles that have an email that matches to an email in a "converted" profile.

Let me know - thanks so much!

• I don't believe this is possible with the segmentation tool, but definitely understand the use case. I think the best solution might be to use a webhook to merge all lead profiles into the converted profile, when the conversion happens. 

Webhook will be triggered by the conversion, and this will probably involve a For Loop (to search through every single duplicate profile) and the /users/merge endpoint. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! allan.heo@fornowmarketing.com