Forum Discussion

Malcolm_Murray
Practitioner II
11 months ago

Randomisation of users filtered by a segment for a canvas or campaign

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone could clarify whether or not user selection for canvases / campaigns is randomised, or will users always be entered into a canvas in the same order after ru...
    AllanHeo
    11 months ago

Exciting update Malcolm_Murray  🙌🏻

5th Canvas trigger: user 5

I'm more inclined to believe that user entry is random each time! 

11 months ago

Braze support have just got back to me and confirm that user entry is indeed randomised, so this backs up your findings AllanHeo. The response from support on this was:

"Regarding the entry of users into your canvas, it's indeed will be randomized based on the specific filters you have set for your canvas. However, in your particular case, it's also worth noting that some users who have previously entered your canvas might still qualify to re-enter it after 2 days, depending on the re-eligibility setting you have configured."

So, this is good news as it appears that canvas entry does indeed work in the way that I'd hoped. Was a bit worried otherwise as it changes some major assumptions, that may have involved re-working some of our strategies.

Thanks all for this, particularly AllanHeo for your tests to confirm this behaviour. Really useful.