Forum Discussion

reed
10 months ago

Data Feeds and Vouchers personalization

For those of you who work with Data Feeds — specifically Voucher type — If I have 1,000 vouchers, and use in an email to send to 5,000 people, after the first 1,000 are used,

1. Is this possible — will it continue sending if there are more users than vouchers?
    (I can't find documentation on data feeds and it's marked as 'beta' in my dashboard)
  2. if so, what will the feed code — 
    {% voucher('MyFeedCode') %}
    return for the remaining users? Null? Empty? Empty array?

In a nutshell, I'm wondering if I can send a set amount of vouchers in a campaign and personalize content to say 'sorry, maybe next time' if I've run out of codes. Any help is appreciated.  

5 Replies

• Hey!  Yes I think you could enclose that all within an IF statement in Liquid.   i.e

// Getting the value of the code for the individual send
    {% assign currentVouchCode = {% voucher ('MeFeedCode') %} %}

// Checking if there is a value
    {% if currentVouchCode != blank %]
       {{ currentVouchCode }}
    {% else %}
       Sorry there is no code listed
    {% endif %}

Something like this should work - test it out.

• Hello reed 

When you say "data feeds" are you referring to Promotion codes?

The documentaiton says 

If there are no remaining promotion codes available when sending test or live messages from a campaign that pulls in promo codes, the message will not send.

Promotion Codes (braze.com)

reed

BenLerner-Paio That's what I'm hoping to do, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew if those would continue to send if all voucher codes were used (sent). If nothing else, I may set up a test today where I add 2 codes and send to 5 people and see what happens. 

Manoj__  No, unfortunately. The feature in question (in my dashboard, anyway) is under Data Settings > Data Feeds (beta) > Create Data Feed > Voucher Feed. I'm a developer attempting to help out, so I'm not entirely sure of prior decisions on what to use for a case like this. Promo codes looked like an option, but as you pointed out docs say they will not send if codes have run out. 

Also communicating with our rep about this as well. Just wanted to see if anyone has done something like it and what direction they took. 

• Hey reed ,

Looks like you're working with a very new beta feature. Interested in how Braze Product responds to your request. Please keep us posted!

As Manoj__ mentioned, Promo Codes will stop sending once the list runs out. However, I can see a way we can maybe hack this. If the Promo Codes can go down the list in order, maybe you can create valid codes for the first 1000 rows and something like "fake_code" for the next 4000. 

Then, in your emails, you can do something similar to what Ben suggested. Using Liquid to actually render the codes or the "sorry" message.

Best,

Allan

• Interestingly, I don't see "Data Feeds" under "Data Settings". I guess not everyone has access to this.