Forum Discussion

c_hixon
Practitioner
11 months ago

Throttling a send

Wondering if there's an easy way to throttle a send within Braze. Our team is being asked to setup an email where it will need to be throttled per day (sending 4 batches per day) AND across 3 separate days to limit the number of people receiving the email since its a very large audience. What are our options in Braze for a staggered send like this? For example, something like this: 

Day 1 (34% of audience)-- batch 1 (2M go at 7am) , batch 2 (2M go at 10am), batch 3 (2M go at 1pm); and batch 4 (2M go at 4pm) 

Day 2 (33% of audience)-- batch 1 (2M go at 7am) , batch 2 (2M go at 10am), batch 3 (2M go at 1pm); and batch 4 (2M go at 4pm) 

Day 3 (remaining 33% of audience)-- batch 1 (2M go at 7am) , batch 2 (2M go at 10am), batch 3 (2M go at 1pm); and batch 4 (2M go at 4pm) 

• Hello c_hixon 

I have not personally tried it. Maybe you can try something like this in a canvas: A combination of variants, delay and experiment splits? 

• Hello c_hixon 

I have not personally tried it. Maybe you can try something like this in a canvas: A combination of variants, delay and experiment splits? 

• Thank you! This is very helpful. I can take a look at this setup.