Forum Discussion

smiddletonT9
2 years ago

Sudden increase in email clicks

I am wondering if anyone else has recently experienced a sudden increase in email clicks, presumably from security software "machine clicks".  On June 1st, clicks on our batch & blast marketing emails increased 2x - 3x over what they were previously and have stayed at that level ever since.  It was so dramatic, it almost seems like there was some widespread implementation of anti-spam software on that date.  Curious if anyone has seen anything similar.  

• Hi smiddletonT9 ,

I've heard of other cases of "machine clicks" or "server clicks" that are clicking every link in emails. This could also lead to a spike in unsubscribes, so it would be great to have a preference center to avoid this!

db-origin
    Active Member II

I have also been witnessing some email border security devices that click / follow every link in an email. In our case the security device was accepting the email then clicking every link and then dropping the emails before they got to the customer. It might be an update from corporate security software, as I'm not seeing this behaviour from the larger service providers like Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook etc