Forum Discussion

nd__r
Active Member II
5 months ago

Re-triggering canvas after 30 days

I am trying to build a canvas that: 

Is triggered by a custom event. I want that to create a content card. I want that particular content card to be available for 60 days. I can't quite figure out how to do this. 

The canvas should really last 120 days, but at 60 days in, I want to create a new content card with different content, and repeat the above by keeping it available for 60 days. 

Is there a way to achieve this in the canvas builder?

Alex
    Active Member II

Hey there,

Content cards can't stay in a feed for more than 30 days. I suggest you can still create the canvas with the following steps:

1. Content card block (last for 30 days) 

2. delay block of 30 days

3. Content card 

4. Delay of 30 days

5. New content card

6. Delay of 30 days

7. New content card again

nd__r
      Active Member II

Thanks for responding Alex, 

The canvas is triggered by an event that has an event property. Is there a way to essentially store that event property and use it in subsequent content cards up to 120 days later? I am getting an error when I try and use an event property that was triggered by the initial event:

"Event properties may only be used in action-based Full steps or Message steps that advance through a path (except the Everyone Else path) of an Action Path step triggered by purchase or custom events only" 

nd__r
    Active Member II

Thanks Sasha Joseph_C,

I have actually descoped this and created 2 canvases now - which makes it much easier. However, I am struggling with persisting event properties from: 

Entry schedule > action based options

Am I right in thinking that event properties (let's say first_name) sent via an API should be available in a content card via: 

this is some dummy text {{canvas_entry_properties.${first_name}}}

Joseph_C
      Practitioner II

AHH! You are using Canvas Builder and not Canvas Flow, is that correct?

It looks like there are more restrictions for what you can do with Entry properties the original canvas builder. 

Are you able to clone to Canvas Flow? This may solve your issue easily.

nd__r
        Active Member II

Oh I wasn't aware of Canvas Flow. I think for the next step, I'll look into that, but for now I've got by with splitting up the canvases and made use of the canvas entry properties. Thanks for your help on this one! Joseph_C