Forum Discussion

Karan-Tibdewal
2 years ago

How are CRM teams currently training their juniors?

Recently while training a newbie, I realised that there are currently no good resources to train & educate someone for lifecycle marketing. The resources they find online are mostly still talking about CRM from a SaaS or B2B perspective. 

I am wondering if anyone has run into a similar issue or has an internal system which they think does the trick. Also happy to share best practices from my viewpoint, but would love to get ideas.

• Hi Karan, for us - assuming the person has at least a bit of marketing background/understanding - onboarding new people got extremely more efficient with a flawless documentation. With that I do not mean all day to day tasks but the big picture of what lifecycle management at your company entails. What does it mean to you? Your company? Mission? Vision? What does the lifecycle look like for your company? How are the stages defined? What are the most important KPIs? What are the priority topics? What do you know about your customers? User Personas? Research results? You get the picture. As soon as someone understands the theoretical background it gets very easy to onboard them to the daily tasks and get them in the right mindset. We use our company Wiki.

DavidO
    Strategist II

Hi Karan-Tibdewal 

thomas_braemer raises some great points as this will help juniors understand what you are trying to achieve. Another useful tool is actually to get them through some of the Braze Learning early on. Although it is largely the technical aspects of using Braze, it helps them understand what the tool is trying to do for the user, how customer journeys work and simple concepts like segmenting well. 

I too have found there are few resources for lifecycle marketing specifically, even on places such as YouTube.  I think the term and the purpose of it is still catching on slowly.