Forum Discussion

pdwhite19
2 years ago

Email alignment issues on gmail

Hi community!

I wanted to surface a rather odd issue to see if anyone has been able to find a solution while we await Brazes support feedback.

We have several email templates in our platform that have just recently (last 3 weeks) started to show alignment issues on gmail desktop client.  The email will preview fine in Braze, but when we view the tests the text and footer is left aligned.  We have not made any major changes to our templates that would cause this to start happening.  We also see issues within inbox vision only isolated to gmail.

It seems like an html and css issue which is an area I lack skillset.  Our front end developer has also not been able to solve the problem to date.

Any help is appreciated.

Malcolm
    Practitioner

Hi, so if you are using the drag and drop template, sometimes having border boxes or several border boxes within each other could be the reason why the text begins to aligning left? There have been times I search for why one may be aligning left and that is the issue. If not possibly go to html editor for you template copy and paste that html into a new template and see does the issue persist. 

Arso
    Practitioner III

pdwhite19 would you mind sharing the template code? You can remove all company information and replace the text with lorem ipsum. I'd like to take a look at the structure of your code. It's weird that only Gmail desktop would be affected.