cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple messages in a Canvas - together or separate?

srutgersononco

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a Canvas that triggers both an email and an SMS message at the same time. I set them up as 2 steps - an email and then the SMS, but a colleague suggested I might send both as part of the same step, which I didn't realize could be done. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to having them together or separate? I kind of like seeing the two steps, but was wondering if there are pros and cons of each method.

Thanks for your insights!

-Susan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DavidO
Strategist

Hi @srutgersononco 👋

It would be best to post this in the main forum but my view on this is it's the ol' multiple ways to get the same outcome. If the segment of users is identical, it makes for a cleaner canvas to have them combined, as canvases can get messy if they are complex. Otherwise, work with what suits your workflow best. I have no insight into whether combined delivers all message types faster but I highly doubt it would be 'meaningfully' faster if it was.

In saying that, you can see analytics easier if the steps are separate rather than needing to click into the message step. 

😊

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @srutgersononco and welcome to Bonfire! We're working on getting a new "getting started" type of section to make this more visible, but in the meantime here's a post with some general guidance around the layout of Bonfire. I will note that there's been one update since this article - the Campaigns That Made You Look section is now called Community Blog. 

Happy to have you here and please do reach out if you have any questions navigating Bonfire! 😄