cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List-unsubscribe header with preference center page

ryan_quinlan

Our company uses a custom preference center page as our unsubscribe link, so that customers can opt-out of any or all subscription groups (custom preference center created via API: https://www.braze.com/docs/user_guide/message_building_by_channel/email/preference_center/overview/#...). What’s the expected behavior for the unsubscribe link header in this case, will the custom preference center link be pulled into the unsub header?

12 REPLIES 12

jennifer
Braze Employee

Hey @ryan_quinlan Goot is 100% correct here that your list-unsubscribe header cannot direct users to a preference center as that goes against RFC 8058. It needs to be a one-click unsubscribe URL that adheres to the protocol

EmPaulin
Practitioner III

summing up, can you have your unsubscribe link AND a change your preferences link? would that be OK? 

TomJordHill

Hi

I know that I can active Email Unsub Header by going into Settings > Email Preferences. However, we have a custom page to handle unsubs due to how many brands we have. How do I add the URL to the email header in an email template. Are we saying that I have to do it manually every time I want to create a canvas? Is there a way to add it to an email template?