Forum Discussion

FaythFuI
13 days ago

Preference Center Question

Hi there,

My team and I just set up a preference center for the first time with our email subscription groups.

Does anyone know how to test that the page shows properly and is filtering emails properly through a test email? I wasn't able to figure it out on my own!

Thanks all,

Lexy M.

• Hello FaythFuI  Unfortunately, there is no direct way to test it. You will have to send an email to yourself to test it. Make sure you add the preference center page in your email.

You can use this code to add the preference center page in the email code:

{{preference_center.${NAME_OF_PRECENTER_CENTER_PAGE}}}

eakinsey
    Community Manager

Manoj is spot-on about sending the email to test the preference center. One thing to note is that the preference center link will only work when launching a campaign or Canvas. Sending a test email directly from the Braze dashboard will not generate a valid link, so you'll need to send the actual email to yourself.  

After sending the test email, click on the preference center link to verify that the page displays correctly. Check that all subscription groups are listed and that the styling matches your brand guidelines.

If you want to test subscription changes, make changes to the subscription preferences and save them. Verify that the changes are reflected in the user's subscription status in the Braze dashboard.

And then to ensure that the preference center is filtering emails correctly, you can create a test campaign targeting the subscription groups. Send the campaign and verify that only users who are subscribed to the relevant groups receive the email.

• Preference centre links are personalized links and works on actual send.
    • Not on test emails.
    • Use {{preference_center.${NAME_OF_PRECENTER_CENTER_PAGE}}} in case using OOTB preference centre. These preference centre supports on Email channels and are tightly coupled with Subscription groups.
    • Alternatively, you can host on custom domain along with custom encrypted id function to generate preference centre links. You have flexibility to enhance it to other channels and their respective subscriptions groups.
    TedScott
    Practitioner II

Send yourself a live email with a link to the preference center, then you can test opting in/out to the groups and trigger any automations related to the changes.