Forum Discussion

allonlim
20 days ago

Updating Default Attributes through Canvas User Update

Hi,

I'm trying to make use of an Custom Event Properties to update User profiles through a Canvas. In this Canvas, i've set users to enter when they perform a custom event, with the following canvas entry properties:

• Name
  • Email
  • Phone number

I was able to successfully update the Custom Attributes using this method. However, my goal is to be able to update the default user profile attributes instead. Anyone have any idea how i can do this?

Below is a screenshot of the User Update step in my canvas, for reference:

allonlim

Thanks Ted! 

Yep that's right, I was unable to find the default/predefined fields in the UI dropdown.

I saw Email and Phone Number in the UI dropdown initially - But when i did a test, the update went into the Custom Attributes instead. Any idea how i can work around this? 

Here's my setup below:

TedScott
        Practitioner II

Have you tried sending the event to users/track endpoint? 
        https://www.braze.com/docs/api/endpoints/user_data/post_user_track/#update-a-user-profile-by-email-address

If you cannot for some reason, then that case, do a webhook in the canvas to the endpoint crafting a new event with the properties from the original event.

If this does not get you anywhere reach out to Braze tech support (unfortunately I don't have access to Braze at this time so cannot play with it).