Forum Discussion

DavidO
Strategist II
2 years ago

I've created a beginner liquid 'for loops' tutorial. Would love some feedback.

Hi all 

I've started working on a series of videos to help unpack some liquid terms to help others and teach myself along the way.

After recently needing 'for loops' to solve a problem I started by making a tutorial on those. Even though this video is a smidge more advanced, I plan to do quite a few videos, especially for beginners.

Would love you to check it out, write comments, subscribe, and provide any feedback on ease to follow, length, or any thoughts at all. I want these to be a useful tool for all Braze (and liquid) users.

Discover the power of liquid for loops in Braze: Beginner tutorial - YouTube

DavidO
      Strategist II

Thank you Rajorigin I really appreciate that. It's been on my to-do list for a while to create some helpful content. 😊

EmPaulin
    Practitioner III

So Great DavidO - would you happen to have examples of the final works, like how it looks at the end? 

DavidO
      Strategist II

Hey EmPaulin 

I don't have a specific example apart from the first name example in the video, but you could easily modify the code to taste, put it in a content block and insert it anywhere you like. You could also paste the code straight into a message. It would look a bit messy but it would work.

In our particular case, we discovered we had users with multiple first names. We could remove the second name, but we thought we'd see if we could uppercase both names instead which became our use case with For Loops. 

I am happy to discuss any particular scenarios if you have some in mind. 🙂