Forum Discussion

MaggieBrennan
Community Manager
2 years ago

Catalog Personalization Question

Does catalog personalization work the same way in email as it does in the push notification you showed in the What’s New webinar?

2 Replies

• Hello Haley , I am using Selections and want to display some personalization into an email, but apparently it's not working. 

The selection is taking a custom attribute of type array on the user profile and then should display both of the values in the array from the catalog. 

I have used the personalization feature in the email template, but it's not showing up any data.

The Liquid code is as follows:

{% catalog_selection_items TestNew NewSelection %}
    {{ items[0].property_name }}
    {{ items[1].property_name }}
    {{ items[2].property_name }}

The selection looks like on the image: So basically I would like the selection to have all of the properties from the catalog that have withdrawn status FALSE and also have all the values in the array of property_instructed_id custom attribute. In this case the user I am testing with has 2 values in the array, but it's not showing up neither of them.

Can you please help out on what might be the issue here? 

Many thanks

Haley
    Braze Employee

Yes! In the webinar, we showed you how to personalize messages with catalog items using Selections. You can use Liquid to pull in relevant catalog data to messages on any channel in Braze.