Forum Discussion

DaveSachs
Active Member II
2 years ago

Bulk Assigning Email Subscription Groups

Can I "bulk assign" users to a subscription group using the Braze CSV import tool?

For instance, if I wanted to assign 250k of our users to a specific subscription group, is that something I can do myself without a) using the API, or b) manually going to each user’s profile and switching their subscription status?

I'm hoping this would work the same way as bulk assigning users a specific Custom Attribute value, which is very simple via CSV import. Thanks!

• Hey Dave! You definitely can. First, here's the relevant documentation

The two columns you'll need are subscription_group_id which can be found under your subscription group page and subscription_state where the values can either be unsubscribed or subscribed. 

Lastly, check out this call out from the documentation page: 

"Only a single subscription_group_id can be set per row in the user import. Different rows can have different subscription_group_id values. However, if you need to enroll the same users into multiple subscription groups, you will need to do multiple imports."

Good luck!

• Hey Dave! You definitely can. First, here's the relevant documentation

The two columns you'll need are subscription_group_id which can be found under your subscription group page and subscription_state where the values can either be unsubscribed or subscribed. 

Lastly, check out this call out from the documentation page: 

"Only a single subscription_group_id can be set per row in the user import. Different rows can have different subscription_group_id values. However, if you need to enroll the same users into multiple subscription groups, you will need to do multiple imports."

Good luck!