Forum Discussion

Premalatha
Active Member II
2 years ago

API / User limitation from Braze to other system and vice versa

Dear Team,

I have referred the Braze Doc about Rate limit, which is doubtful to me. Can any one do testing or live pls help to give answer

1) How many request can be send from Braze to other system(3rd party API) through Webhook  & Connected content

2) In Braze, How many request can be handled if received from other systems(3rd party API)

3) Do we have any bulk concepts in braze? for export data or import data from other system(3rd party API)

Thanks,

Arso
    Practitioner III

1) I think this depends on the rate limits that the endpoint you're calling has imposed. If you send 50,000 requests at once to an endpoint that has a 5,000/minute limit, of course you'll run into issues. 

2) The rate limits vary per endpoint. The number of calls was reduced for some endpoints and set for others last June (2022) and the documentation should be correct.

3) Currents. It's a (paid) Braze feature that automates the export of message engagement and behavioral events from Braze to a data warehouse or an analytics platform. For imports, I'd advise you to contact the support team and ask if they can run a bulk import, if it's a one-off. 

• Arso 's responses are all spot on.

The only thing I'd like to add for #3, in case you were asking about a different idea of bulk concepts, is that the users/track (along with maybe few other endpoints) have a bulk import capability of up to 75 users per attribute/events/purchases object. Allows you to make more API calls this route.