cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting a recommendation in a message

MaggieBrennan
Community Manager

How do you insert a recommendation in a message? Are there channel limitations?

3 REPLIES 3

jojo_zieff
Braze Employee

A recommendation can be inserted into any message via liquid personalization and they can be inserted into messages on any channel. 

inespais
Practitioner II

@MaggieBrennan Adding to what @jojo_zieff said and just to add more granularity, there are different ways you could go about storing and accessing your recommendations - but all of them will end up using liquid tags to populate the recommendation in the message:
- Build a catalog with recommendations based on different attributes - e.g. other content watched, food preferences, city, country, etc

- Use connected content to fetch your recommendations from an external database/system - e.g. google sheet working as catalog, recommendations engine, internal database/apis etc

- Use conditional logic within the message to run through the different options and logic

alextoh1
Practitioner

I previously used connected content, but now use catalogs across email, in-app message and push channels.

Limitation wise, I haven’t come across any, but my use cases have been fairly straightforward. Something to note is with image dimensions, so in catalogs, I just make sure I have the right image sizing per channel.