Forum Discussion

TillaSennane
Active Member II
2 months ago

Ignore hour of timestamp custom attribute in segment filters

Hello,

I'm using a "time" formatted custom attribute which has as value for each user a timestamp (precise date AND hour). I'm using this custom attribute in segments, using the filter "more than" or "less than" X days ago.

I know the "day" in this filter means +24 hours (and not calendar days), so the hour in the custom attribute impacts actually a lot the eligibility.

For example, my canvas using the segment starts at 11:30am every day and takes users with the custom attribute more than 1 day ago (because I want to make users entered if they had the custom attribute performed at least yesterday or before). However, if the the value of this custom attribute was indeed the previous day but at 12:30pm, then it means the user is not eligible to enter the canvas. So it's not answering my need.

Apart from changing the starting hour of my canvas, or the "X" days in my filter (to 0 instead of 1), I was wondering is there a way to "ignore" the hour in a timestamp in a segment filter to just take into account the date, when my custom attribute is build with both?

Thank you!

1 Reply

Stuart
    Practitioner III

Hey TillaSennane,

I think the best solution to this is to change that custom attribute to a custom event.

Why? Because it appears you need to message users based on when this 'event' last occurred, rather than date value.  Braze records, within a users profile, when a Custom Event first occurred, when it last occurred and it's total count. You can then use the extensive event filters within segmentation, which would be used to qualify your audience in your daily 11:30 canvas send.