Forum Discussion

EmiliaNick
7 months ago

Data migration Braze <> Braze best practice

Hi!

I'm working on migrating data from one braze instance to another and I have some questions regarding best practices that I haven't been able to find in any braze documentation.

• Is there a QA template or checklist for testing after a data migration or a new integration with another platform? What would be the best practice? For example, is sample testing on a few user profiles recommended, or how do you approach QA post-migration in the best way according to Braze?
  • Is possible to clone any of the below via API or do they need to me manually recreated in the new instance?
    • Campaigns
    • Internal Users
    • Email Templates
    • Content Blocks
    • Media Templates 

Thanks! 

BR, 

Emilia 

• Hi Emilia,

Best of luck with the data migration! A friendly reminder that all the new data in the new workspace will incur additional data points. 

There isn't a set QA template for these migration best practices. From my experience, every team has a unique situation, so it would be difficult to create a QA template that works for all. I would definitely check many, many user profiles, create segments with the new migrated data and see if the audience size makes sense, and keep a close eye on any Braze efforts for the next few weeks post migration. 

Unfortunately, you can't clone anything from one workspace to another 😞 

Best,

Allan