Forum Discussion

Bhavesh
10 months ago

Catalog

Hello Folks,

I'm inquiring whether Braze Catalog supports the use of nested lists within catalogs. This would be beneficial for organizing multiple vouchers associated with the same retailer, as each voucher may contain multiple details.

For instance, consider a scenario involving a retailer offering various vouchers with distinct validity periods and redemption instructions. To effectively organize and present this information, nesting the voucher details within a single catalog item would be ideal.

Please confirm whether Braze Catalog accommodates such a structure.
Example: 

deal 1
deal title:
deal url:
deal banner imaage
etc..

deal 2
deal title:
deal url:
deal banner imaage
etc..

Thanks
Bhavesh

3 Replies

DavidO
    Strategist II

This is really shooting off the top of my dome without testing it but you could potentially nest data inside a content block with JSON or similar, add the content block liquid as the catalog item, and pull that content block with the catalog if for some reason you need that level of nesting in a catalog item. Struggling for a use case to be honest. Again, untested but I'd personally I'd go with the solutions above unless you are looking for some unique level of complexity.

Stuart
    Practitioner III

Hey Bhavesh,

I believe there's no nesting in Catalog items.

The easiest approach would be to have each retailer as an 'id' and list the deals like this: 

If really want all  of a deal's info in one item/cell, you could use a comma-separated string, i.e. "Deal title, Deal url, etc" and then use Liquid '| split' to split the values in message!

• Hey Bhavesh - yep this is the exact structure you would do within Braze Catalogs.

Check this image for reference. 

You would then cycle through them as per the documentation here:  

{% catalog_items BenTest %}

{{ items[0].title }} {{ items[0].url }} {{ items[0].banner-image }}

Hope that helps!