Forum Discussion

juliettec1230
Practitioner
2 years ago

API / API-triggered campaigns for transactional campaigns

I'm trying to come up with a company POV on API / API-triggered campaigns as we migrate many transactional/operational emails to Braze (think event reminders, account notifications etc). My understanding is that they are very useful for transactional emails but there are multiple ways to set them up (marketing owned/self serve vs engineering owned). I have not utilized these types of campaigns in my past roles (I am used to solely marketing/promotional campaigns) so I'm trying to wrap my head around it all so we don't put too much work into one approach and then realize another would be better. Any recommendations?

1 Reply

Chuck_Reebelo
    Active Member II

It may depend on your goals and roles. At my current and past gigs, I've (my team) had responsibility and ownership of transactional performance as well as other triggered use cases - ie, when changes were required to transactional templates we made them, and if there was desire to modify or update these with secondary messaging, we also owned that process.

Overall, we found moving to an event trigger based approach in almost all cases was the best solution, it gave us flexibility on leveraging channels, updating and editing content. We mainly worked with engineering to set up the appropriate events and properties to drive the use cases.