Forum Discussion

Irene148
7 months ago

InApp surveys

I work with an ecommerce (fast food company), and we want to set up a survey that appears to the user in the app 2 hours after they place their order. The survey consists of a single question to rate their order from 1-5, and depending on the rating, different questions should appear:

- If the user selects 4-5, a thank you message for submitting the rating should appear.

- If the user selects 1-3, two additional questions should appear:

• Multiple-choice answer selection
  • Open-ended response field where the user can write why they rated as they did.

IMPORTANT: Additionally, we need to record the response each time the user places an order. This means that the field should not be overwritten each time the user fills out the survey but should be added to their information. The logic is clear; we would set up a canvas that captures all users who have received the order, add a 2-hour delay, and then display the in-app survey (created as HTML).

The question is, how do we configure this in-app HTML? We have tried various methods, and it is not working correctly. We created a custom attribute for each survey question, but the fields are not being saved correctly. Additionally, we need to ensure that responses are not overwritten each time.

How can we achieve this? Has anyone configured this before? I would like someone to share their experience and how they were able to accomplish it in the end, as we haven't found any helpful articles in the help documentation to guide us through the setup.

Thank you so much in advance for your help! 

1 Reply

DavidO
    Strategist II

Welcome Irene148 ğŸ‘‹

I have some throughts on this as I have custom-coded in-app messages that use Javascript to update what appears in the message depending on what answer the user selects but I have some questions before we get into the weeds:

1. Are you able to share the code you are currently using?
    2. If not, how are you capturing the custom attributes and then using them to make additional questions or messaging appear?
    3. Why do you need each answer not to be overwritten? Can this be stored in an array?

You can currently only trigger a second in-app message, or content, in real-time from a campaign. If this is to happen immediately based on a certain custom attribute being captured, there is likely to be lag in the data flow. In my opinion, the simplest way to make this happen with minimal delay would be custom code, I just need to understand if this is an option.

I have added some screens of an example we have.

I am happy to chat this out and I'm sure others would love to help as well.
    😊