cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription groups and recruiting use case question

Theresa
Practitioner II

Hi all!

Trying to decide the best course of action for migrating a newsletter into Braze - ideally, I want users to be able to unsubscribe from just the newsletter (which is why I'm leaning towards subscription groups) but I also want to be able to put out an IAM to other users in which they could click a button and be added to the mailing list for newsletters (like how you can update a custom attribute when a user presses button A in an IAM) which I don't see as an option (if I'm missing it, let me know please!). I can't figure out a solution that offers both opt out of only newsletter and offers the chance to recruit some more folks into it.

How would you go about this?

Thanks all!

1 REPLY 1

AllanHeo
Strategist II

Hi Theresa! This is an interesting use case. I'm happy to share some thoughts here. 

First, I think these are 2 separate use cases: 
1. Set up the email preference center and subscription groups. 

2. Set up an IAM that subscribes users to the newsletter subscription groups. 

For #2, you may be successful with the trigger "interact with campaign" --> Clicks IAM button 1. And then you'll have to set up a webhook to add the user into the Subscription Group. 

AllanHeo_0-1705440020455.png

I'm curious also, so I may do some testing on this one from my end! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.