cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request: Ability to match off of nested event properties in Canvas

EvanL

I'd like to see Braze add the ability to compare custom events in a Canvas based on a matching event property. 

For example, currently I can trigger a customer into a canvas when they receive a custom event "Job Started" and I can set exit criteria based on another custom event "Job Completed." But assuming this customer is starting and completing multiple jobs at a time, he will be exited upon completing ANY job -- Braze has no way of linking these separate events together into a coherent journey.

Assuming both events include a unique "jobID" property , I'd like to be able to use this nested property for exit criteria and decision/action paths by telling Braze to only take action if the nested properties match each other.

So the entry criteria would simply be:

Enter users into canvas who perform custom event: Job Started where jobID is not blank

And the exit/action path criteria would be:

Perform custom event Job Completed where jobID = {{canvas_entry_properties.${jobID}}}

You can actually build this out right now with the entry property merge tag, but it doesn't work despite Braze having that entry property available for personalization within the Canvas. This functionality is available in Iterable and opens up lots of options for advanced automations -- I think it'd serve Braze and their loyal customers well to implement a similar feature.

1 REPLY 1

MaggieBrennan
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @EvanL ! I'll log internally back to our Product team and I'd recommend submitting this as a new idea in the dashboard.