cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Migrating to Braze - does IP Warming have to be re-done after taking a break from sending emails?

BrentMW

Hi everyone - a quick question about IP Warming -

We're migrating from Responsys to Braze over the festive season.

I've heard that if we do IP warming before Christmas and then have a 2-3 break of no email sends, the IP warming will be negated - ie. We'll have to do IP warming again in January.

Has anyone else experienced that? I thought once IP warming was done, it was good for a 'long' time.

Would appreciate any insights anyone has to share.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

aaronkyle
Active Member II

If the break is only for 2-3 weeks you shouldn't need to warm the IP back up. To be safe when you return you could send a message to users who have a history of high engagement to limit complaints.

AllanHeo
Strategist

Personally (and this is what Braze Deliverability team will say also), I wouldn't risk jumping right back into full volume after 2-3 weeks of pause. 

IP Warming is a constant thing, not just an onboarding thing. Your goal is to keep your daily email volume as consistent as possible for as long as your Braze is sending emails. Also, for any increases in volume, gradual increase is the key. 

It also depends on your volume of emails too. After 2-3 weeks, you're back to sending to 5000 users? Sure, that might be okay. Sending to 1M users? I would most definitely IP warm again. 

This is the go-to IP warming doc for Braze. Hope it helps!