cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram Username into Profile

carla_calleja
Active Member II

Hi all! 

we are wondering what would be the best way to add the Instagram user name on a user profile in Braze. 
Do you think it has to be a custom attribute? I see on the documentation https://www.braze.com/docs/user_guide/data_and_analytics/user_data_collection/user_profile_lifecycle... that the twitter user name can be added into the user profile. Does anyone has an idea? 

Many thanks in advance and have all a good summer, 

Carla

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DavidO
Strategist

Hello @carla_calleja 

I have not needed to do this myself but looking at the list of Braze User Profile fields, I can see Facebook and Twitter but not Instagram. Makes me think it will need to be a custom attribute. I'd wait to see if others have solved this though. 😊
Braze User Profile Fields

View solution in original post

AllanHeo
Strategist II

Hi @carla_calleja ! From my understanding, there shouldn't be much of a difference at all whether the social media handles are reserved as standard attributes or custom-created as custom attributes. Custom Attribute is probably the way to go 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DavidO
Strategist

Hello @carla_calleja 

I have not needed to do this myself but looking at the list of Braze User Profile fields, I can see Facebook and Twitter but not Instagram. Makes me think it will need to be a custom attribute. I'd wait to see if others have solved this though. 😊
Braze User Profile Fields

carla_calleja
Active Member II

Hi DavidO,
Thanks a lot for your answer. Yes good finding! I can see now Facebook and Twitter. I wonder why IG is excluded from Braze User Profile Fields...

AllanHeo
Strategist II

Hi @carla_calleja ! From my understanding, there shouldn't be much of a difference at all whether the social media handles are reserved as standard attributes or custom-created as custom attributes. Custom Attribute is probably the way to go 🙂 

carla_calleja
Active Member II

Thanks Allan!