cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to obtain the current date in a canvas, or how to know the date of entry to the canvas of a user

Efrain
Active Member II

How to obtain the current date in a canvas, or how to know the date of entry to the canvas of a user?

I have to send emails every Tuesday, but I need new subscribers to only receive the current week's email

3 REPLIES 3

DavidO
Strategist

Hey @Efrain can you explain this in a little more detail "I have to send emails every Tuesday, but I need new subscribers to only receive the current week's email"?

I feel like there will be a solution to this but I'm not sure what you mean by current week's email and if that is a step in the canvas, and which step? Also, who gets entered into the canvas each Tuesday, only new subscribers or everyone again?

If you are using liquid in your emails you could also use {% assign date = 'now' %} which will check for today's date and time, and use this to filter content. But this may not be relevant for your use case.
๐Ÿ˜Š

Efrain
Active Member II

Hi Davido, 

I need to send an email every Tuesday for a month, but each week's email is different. Additionally, I have to send the email to everyone, including new subscribers. If a new subscriber joins during the second week, for example, I need to send them only the emails from the second week onwards.

If the decision split component could compare dates, that would solve the problem, but it seems this is not possible. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

thanks for you time

I'll keep thinking on the canvas as it sounds like you might be using that but if you are only running these for a month (4 emails I'm guessing), could you create 4 single send campaigns that run one after the other. They would all use the same segment, so if new users join in the week between newsletters, the next time it sends those users will only get week 2 onwards for example.

Week 1 campaign : Send email to 'Newsletter Segment'

New users added to 'Newsletter Segment' during the week

Week 2 campaign : Send email to 'Newsletter Segment' which includes existing and new users

New users added to 'Newsletter Segment' during the week

and so on....