cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to identify users with different UUIDs but same email address?

IoanaPa

Is it possible to identify users with different UUIDs but the same email address in Braze? I can see that Braze recognises alias profiles but there is afaik no filter in the segmentation for this.

The goal is e.g. to stop the same user who has 2 UUIDs but the same email address from receiving an email twice. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AllanHeo
Strategist II

Hi @IoanaPa ! This is from the Braze Docs: 

Braze automatically checks for and removes duplicate email addresses when an email campaign is sent. This way an email is only sent once and is โ€œdedupedโ€ which checks that it doesnโ€™t hit the same email multiple times even if multiple user profiles share a common address.

Because deduplication occurs when targeted users are included in the same dispatch, triggered campaigns (excluding API-triggered campaigns) may result in multiple sends to the same email address (even within a time period where users could be excluded due to reeligibility) if differing users with matching emails log the trigger event at different times.

Please let me know if you have further questions!

Best,
Allan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AllanHeo
Strategist II

Hi @IoanaPa ! This is from the Braze Docs: 

Braze automatically checks for and removes duplicate email addresses when an email campaign is sent. This way an email is only sent once and is โ€œdedupedโ€ which checks that it doesnโ€™t hit the same email multiple times even if multiple user profiles share a common address.

Because deduplication occurs when targeted users are included in the same dispatch, triggered campaigns (excluding API-triggered campaigns) may result in multiple sends to the same email address (even within a time period where users could be excluded due to reeligibility) if differing users with matching emails log the trigger event at different times.

Please let me know if you have further questions!

Best,
Allan

alexw518

Hi! I was running into the same problem but have a different issue that comes up from this aside from duplicate email sends.

Say that of the two profiles that have the same email but different ID, one is labeled as "converted" with a custom attribute, and the other is still a "lead". Is there a way to filter out both profiles if one of them is already "converted" using the segmentation tool?

So the logic would be something like: Filter out profiles that have an email that matches to an email in a "converted" profile