cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email setup

juliali
Practitioner

Hello! I'm new to Braze and trying to get some simple templates set up. I can't get my email body to align w/ my footer content block. I'm also trying to understand when to use the custom footer vs. content block to create a footer in Braze. The former seems to have very few options to make look nice while the latter is more flexible. Is that the difference? Can someone help me understand how to line up a content block with my template? The desktop looks fine but the mobile is not aligning. Is this a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AllanHeo
Strategist

Regarding your question about content blocks vs custom footer: 

I think a custom footer is almost a subset of content blocks that just has more editing flexibility and is solely dedicated for email footers. So you're right, the email custom footer is a little more flexible; however, content blocks have the full editing capability as well and there shouldn't be anything you can't do with content blocks that you can do with email custom footer. 

I've seen customers use content blocks instead of email custom footer at the end of their emails. Sometimes, customers need multiple footers which is when content blocks will come in handy. 

Regardless, as long as you're using either or, I think you're in good shape. Not using one can be really cumbersome later when you make any edits to your footer and have to go back and manually change all your existing footers. I've seen this happen way too often. 

One pro-tip: use Liquid to template your copyright year in your footer so it always takes the current year instead of hard-coding the current year. Liquid looks like this: {{ "now" | date: "%Y" }}

Keep us posted on your misalignment issue! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AllanHeo
Strategist

Hi Julia! Welcome to Braze 💪🏻

First of all, are you using HTML or DND when you're facing issues with your body not aligning with the footer? If HTML, it may be a screen-responsive issue. If DND, that's interesting... any screenshots might be helpful!

I figured out it was because I didn't know how to add a content block to my email correctly. 😅 I was doing it with HTML instead of dragging and dropping. That was what was causing the bug. 

AllanHeo
Strategist

Regarding your question about content blocks vs custom footer: 

I think a custom footer is almost a subset of content blocks that just has more editing flexibility and is solely dedicated for email footers. So you're right, the email custom footer is a little more flexible; however, content blocks have the full editing capability as well and there shouldn't be anything you can't do with content blocks that you can do with email custom footer. 

I've seen customers use content blocks instead of email custom footer at the end of their emails. Sometimes, customers need multiple footers which is when content blocks will come in handy. 

Regardless, as long as you're using either or, I think you're in good shape. Not using one can be really cumbersome later when you make any edits to your footer and have to go back and manually change all your existing footers. I've seen this happen way too often. 

One pro-tip: use Liquid to template your copyright year in your footer so it always takes the current year instead of hard-coding the current year. Liquid looks like this: {{ "now" | date: "%Y" }}

Keep us posted on your misalignment issue!