cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Display an IAM to Mobile web only.

tobiahadam

Looking to increase the number of users who use our Mobile app vs our web app.

Plan is to display an "It works better in the app" style IAM to users who log in to the web portal via a mobile device.

Has anyone had any experience doing something similar?

1 REPLY 1

Arso
Practitioner III

Hi! There are a couple of ways you can do this:

• If you use HTML in-app messages, then you could display the in-app only if the device/screen width is under a certain value. Abort or hide in all other cases. This works best if that banner is one of multiple elements in what you're showing to the user. 
  • The easier option, which should work for both drag & drop and HTML, is handling this in segmentation. You could limit your in-app to a segment of users where "Device OS" is Android or iOS

If I'm completely off topic, and you're just looking to hear about the experience of running this type of an in-app, I apologize ๐Ÿ˜….

I've run this type of banners (I'm saying banners because we've done both - Braze powered and product built/non-Braze powered) a lot across mobile web and the conversion/download rates were insane. It worked even better with an incentive ๐Ÿ™‚

I got the best results when an in-app message greets the user on first app open. So, they see the mobile web message with an incentive, they download the app and then we show them an in-app message with a CTA that applies the coupon or copies it to the clipboard (if you don't have a coupon-apply feature). UTM tags and/or universal url tags will help you show the in-app on first app open to the relevant users, rather than showing it to everyone who downloads and opens.