cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Me Anything: What's Changing with Yahoo Mail and Gmail in 2024 & How to Prepare

Published on ‎12-14-2023 10:27 AM by | Updated on ‎12-14-2023 10:30 AM

Gmail and Yahoo recently announced stricter rules for bulk email senders in early 2024.  Are you ready for the changes? 

Braze is hosting not one but TWO opportunities for you to hear more about the changes and to make sure you’re prepared. 

📹 Webinar alert! The first opportunity you’ll have to learn more about these rules is during a webinar on Tuesday, January 9 at 12pm ET as email deliverability experts from Yahoo and Braze will guide you through the ins and outs of these changes, sharing best practices that not only ensure you’re compliant–but also elevate your overall email strategy. The webinar will cover mastering authentication, crafting easy opt-opts, minimizing spam complains, and then a live Q&A session where Clea Moore, Principal Product Manager at Yahoo and Alison Gootee, Compliance & Deliverability Principal at Braze will be ready to tackle all of your questions. This is a live webinar so you'll need to register HERE to get the link to join. 

AMA alert! After the webinar, we’re giving you another opportunity to ask questions directly in the community, especially those questions that are more focused on your specific use of Braze. Join us for Ask Me Anything: What’s Changing with Yahoo Mail and Gmail in 2024 & How to Prepare with the Braze Deliverability Team at 1:30pm ET on January 9 following the webinar to ask any additional questions you have and to see some answers to existing FAQs on this topic. Friendly reminder that AMA’s are text-based events that happen in The Forum.

How does an AMA work? You can ask a question by clicking the “Ask a question" button when in The Forum and our deliverability team will answer your question in response to your question by replying directly. 

Let us know if you can make it to the next AMA by clicking "Attending" on this page and start to think of those questions now! If you'd like to pre-submit your question, please do so by dropping it in a comment below and I'll make sure someone from the Deliverability Team answers it during the AMA time on January 9th. 

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Tue, Jan 9, 2024 10:30 AM PST
End:
Tue, Jan 9, 2024 11:30 AM PST
6 Comments
michelleforde
Member II

I am attending the webinar but unavailable for the AMA. How to I ask follow-up questions?

MaggieBrennan
Community Manager

Hey @michelleforde! If you drop your question(s) in The Forum and assign the post the "AMA" topic, we'll make sure someone from the team answers your question in thread before EOB today! 

Thank you so much - my question actually managed to get answered during the webinar. Thank you all so much for facilitating everything!

Awesome! Thanks for tuning in to the webinar 😃

catmears

Hey team! I have a couple of follow-up questions from the webinar earlier today. Who generates those PTR records that are necessary for the sending IPs(s) that Braze sets up? Do you (Braze) generate those when you send over DNS changes for SPF and DKIM? Or does that get created by the network admin who manages the parent domain?

MaggieBrennan
Community Manager

@catmears  Love the questions! Please post these in The Forum and we'll answer there.