Forum Discussion

Malcolm_Murray
Practitioner II
12 months ago

Use most recent location in connected audience filters

Hi All,

This conversation is related to a previous conversation I started about segmenting on location but is more related to API Triggering of canvases.

I have a use case where I want to do some location based filtering, (e.g., select users with a most recent location inside an X miles radius of location Y). We can do this in the Braze UI quite easily, but unfortunately this requires static data from what I can see. We can't use a dynamic centre point or distance, e.g. using liquid or some other way of getting variables in.

In other uses cases where we've needed to do dynamic filtering with API triggered canvases, I've used connected audience filters and passed them in with the API trigger. However, in this case I'm not sure it's possible - the documentation doesn't seem to specify anything around doing location based filtering or geofences.

Just wondering if anyone has done anything similar? Or has any solutions?

I've considered doing max latitude / min latitude, max longitude, min longitude type filtering,  but it really needs to be radius based to fit in with some other requirements.