Forum Discussion

DanPickaxe
Practitioner
2 years ago

setCustomUserAttribute is not setting nested object

I'm implementing an In App message in form of survey. 

I'm currently facing a problem which when we call it to persist the custom attribute by calling the method below, it doesn't update the user attribute:

selectedValues is an object;
appboyBridge.getUser().setCustomUserAttribute("oct23_fg_survey", selectedValues);

I also included the Custom Attribute in the Custom Attributes as Neste Object, but still, it is not updating it properly.

Is there something else needed to get this working?

• Hey Max, thanks for the help however, it was found by Braze that it was in fact an issue and it wasn't available for AppboyBridge.

They're about to launch a fix for that. 

DRamirez
    Practitioner III

Hi DanPickaxe ! Was this perhaps tested on an Android device? I also had a problem that a nested custom attribute wouldn't update with an HTML IAM when shown on an Android device. On iOS, everything seemed to work fine. When contacting support, they eventually came to the conclusion that it was something that had to be requested through the product roadmap. It could ofcourse be that this issue is not the same as mine, but maybe this helps!

• Hi DanPickaxe ,

That's very strange; I don't see why that wouldn't work. Are you testing this through a live IAM launch? Have you already reached out to Braze Support?

Best,

Allan

DanPickaxe
      Practitioner

Hey AllanHeo , thanks for the help. That solution is pretty clear to me, however, in fact is not working. I'm already in touch with Braze support which are investigating the issue.

What got my attention was the comment from DRamirez mentioning that it wasn't working properly on Android, only on iOS

DanPickaxe
      Practitioner

Hey Max, thanks for the help however, it was found by Braze that it was in fact an issue and it wasn't available for AppboyBridge.

They're about to launch a fix for that.