cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push notification preference centre

tessavale

Looking to allow our users to be able to opt in and out of push notifications alongside email notifications. Has anyone done this with Braze's drag and drop preference centre?

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_C
Practitioner II

Hi @Tess, this was something I'd looked at before... the answers I got:

• The out of the box preference center is essentially just a place for users to control a custom attribute. At each campaign level, you have to then make sure to correctly set send settings to respect their preferences. 
  • In the preference center if you add an option "push notification" or "marketing push notifications". Then in all of your Push Notification sends, you'd need to exclude users who are unsub'd (or include all users who are not unsub'd).
  • As far as I found - if you wanted to preference center to connect to the user's device level preferences, it would take mobile engineering work to set up in your backend.

A different approach (that I haven't really looked into deeply) is creating a deeplink that takes users to their device preferences. 

AllanHeo
Strategist

Hi Tessa,

Setting up a Push Preference Center is a topic that has been tried by many teams in the past. I believe the consensus so far is that you cannot mix push and email inside the Email Preference Center, mainly due to the fact that if a user unsubscribes from email, they'll be unsubscribed from all Subscription Groups, including the Push. 

I believe the best way to go about this so far is to create your own customized UI for push notification subscription in your app/web and have Custom Attributes that map to each subscription option. 

Hope this helps!