cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion codes in Canvases

steve_george

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience in using the promotion code feature in Canvases? 

I understand from the documentation that the message will stop if the list expires or has no codes left to send, but does any one know if that would stop the entire canvas or just that message? It reads like it's just that message but wanted to be sure.

Also I have a use case around use of multiple different promotion lists in one Canvas (could be used for different discount values or currency for example). I can't see anything suggesting that's not possible but would be reassuring if anyone knows that's the case.

2 REPLIES 2

AllanHeo
Strategist II

Hi Steve,

I don't have an immediate answer, but I think this would be a fun one to test! 

• I would create 2 promo code lists (to test multiple promo lists), both with only 1 promo code each (to test expiration)
  • Restrict the audience to just yourself
  • Turn off any control groups
  • Allow re-eligibility
  • Trigger on something simple like start session or a custom event that you can easily trigger

However, I also agree with you that my understanding from the documentation is only the message will not send (Canvas will resume), and you should have no problem using multiple lists.

Please keep us posted!

Best,

Allan

JonnyCox
Active Member II

Hey Steve, from previous experience, if the promotion code referenced in the message (i.e. Email) is not valid or has expired, the customer will continue to progress through the canvas after the message has been aborted, so it will not stop the entire canvas. Hope that helps your question!