cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you send pushes based on user search activity?

k8v

Hi Bonfire!

We're trying to implement a new use case for push notifications where we notify any user who has performed a search on our mobile app when there is a new item that matches their previous searches.

We have two main events passing through Braze related to this use case:

1) We emit a custom event when consumers search in our app - let's call the event "Clothing Searched". We pass properties on that event that specify the filters that a consumer included on their search, for example "Size" and "Gender".

2) We emit a custom event when suppliers add new items to our marketplace - let's call the event "New Item Added". We pass properties on that event that specify the attributes of that item that match up with our search filters.

Our goal is to send a push notification to the consumer when a supplier adds a new item that matches their previous search. Is there any way to set up a single Canvas (or a Campaign?) that would handle this logic? Ideally we don't have to make multiple segments or canvases as there are quite a few attributes that a search/item could have.

1 REPLY 1

AllanHeo
Strategist II

Hi @k8v !

A very late reply, and I'm curious if you ever found a solution to this one.

I do have a question about your custom event #2. When a supplier adds a new item to the marketplace, do you track the custom event for the supplier's user profile specifically? I'm curious how the original searcher will be linked to the action of the supplier adding a new item. 

My initial thought is to have some API trigger for when the item is available again. 

Best,

Allan