Forum Discussion

AllanHeo
Strategist
3 months ago

PLEASE BRING IT/BRING IT BACK: Color Coding in JSON and Liquid

Hi Braze,

As of yesterday/today, I noticed that the Webhook Editor no longer supports color-coded liquid. I think having that color support is huge, especially for beginners who are writing Liquid for the first time. 

The color-code is the only reason I remain on the old HTML editor version. Are there any plans to bring back any sort of color-coding for Liquid in all other channels? Any new color support for JSON?

Thank you!

• Hey! Thanks for the feedback about this. We're rolling out a new way to highlight and compose Liquid in the editors. Our new version improves readability and includes powerful benefits like auto-complete now (and some more fun features down the line). You'll start seeing this enhanced highlighting in more channels later this year as we continue the rollout.

4 Replies

• Hey! Thanks for the feedback about this. We're rolling out a new way to highlight and compose Liquid in the editors. Our new version improves readability and includes powerful benefits like auto-complete now (and some more fun features down the line). You'll start seeing this enhanced highlighting in more channels later this year as we continue the rollout.

eakinsey
    Community Manager

Hey AllanHeo! I don't have an answer for you yet but do see this and will share the feedback directly with the team. Standby! 

• eakinsey you must've worked some magic bc there's a new text editor the next day! thank you so much for relaying the feedback!!

DavidO
    Strategist II

Looking forward to these new changes as I completely agree this will help beginners slowly get their hands around code. I'm still a bit of a die-hard write it in VS Code with rainbow brackets guy and paste it into Braze. There's a great liquid extension if anybody else is living on the same hill.