Forum Discussion

MaggieBrennan
Community Manager
2 years ago

FAQ: How do I export a segment of 500k+ users?

• I just recently did this for a customer, so I’m happy to share my experience.

If your segment includes 500k+ users, and you’re hoping to do a CSV export, unfortunately, the only way to do this is by breaking up the segment into multiple parts.

One way that you should be able to split up for most cases is by random bucket numbers. Every user is assigned a random bucket number between 0-9999 (inclusive), so you can use this to break up your segments.

If you’re already using a RBN in your segment, then you can try to get creative with the filters you’re using. For example, if your segment has the filter “last used app less than 180 days ago”, then you can break up the segment to 0-45, 45-90,90-180.

2 Replies

• I just recently did this for a customer, so I’m happy to share my experience.

If your segment includes 500k+ users, and you’re hoping to do a CSV export, unfortunately, the only way to do this is by breaking up the segment into multiple parts.

One way that you should be able to split up for most cases is by random bucket numbers. Every user is assigned a random bucket number between 0-9999 (inclusive), so you can use this to break up your segments.

If you’re already using a RBN in your segment, then you can try to get creative with the filters you’re using. For example, if your segment has the filter “last used app less than 180 days ago”, then you can break up the segment to 0-45, 45-90,90-180.