Forum Discussion

juliettec1230
Practitioner
2 years ago

Sender Name and Address for Survey Emails

Does anyone have suggestions for the sender address and/or name for customer survey emails? We have a transactional/operational domain and a marketing domain - I feel like I should change the sender name and/or the address on the transactional/operational (so it's distinct from our other transactional/operational emails that are more for account or action based emails), but curious how others approach this. Thank you!

1 Reply

Arso
    Practitioner III

For regular surveys, I've always used the same name we're using for our marketing emails.

I've made exceptions in cases where we want to have a more personal touch, like for example an email from the founder of the company, but this extends from the sender name to the entire message - it looks and feels like a person sent it manually. 

As for the address, insights@ and feedback@ are a couple of good options if these are not going from a specific person's address as stated above. 

I find it interesting that you decided to send surveys from your transactional domain. I've always sent them from a marketing domain. The law isn't quite clear on this topic, but giving users a way to opt out is better than them having to mark you as spam, even if they could legally be considered transactional. We should probably start a thread on this topic 🙂